Apply to the Upward Bound Program
Click here to apply to the Upward Bound Progam.
Due date: November 18th, 2019
As Upward Bound students, participants engage in academic programs throughout the year including:
- A six-week summer academy on Appalachian State University’s campus
- Tutoring assistance from college students
- Aid with selection of high school courses for college preparation
- College visits and help with applications for admission and financial aid
- Resume and cover letter development for scholarship application purposes
Students also have opportunities to form bonds with other students from area schools through various cultural and personal development experiences. All of these opportunities are paid for by Upward Bound.