Stipend Packet How-to Video:
(all info in packed is students' info, not parents')
Congratulations, graduates! Check out this video for some messages of encouragement from UB staff and old friends, as well as each student's plans and favorite memory!
Summer 2020 Updates & Info
Updates on May 1st 2020:
Rising 10th and 11th Summer Video:
- You will take several virtual classes - core classes (math, science, english) and enrichment classes (music, art, robotics, yoga, etc.)
- You'll meet with your atom groups and RAs over Zoom.
- Our plan is to check out everyone a Chromebook to use. We are working on this.
- You will pick up supplies at your school sometime in the first two weeks of June (we'll be in touch)
- General dates: June 14th - July 23rd (activities/meetings will happen during weekdays)
Rising 12th Summer Video:
Older Updates Below -
This Summer, we will have our first Virtual Summer Academy! Students will live at home while participating in activities online. More info to come soon!
App State Coronavirus Website - for most up-to-date information about the university's response to current events
We expect full participation in the summer, but want to work with families whenever possible, too. Feel free to contact us with any questions. We encourage all our families to friend Upward Bound Appalachian State University on Facebook and to follow us on Instagram.
Apply to the Upward Bound Program
As Upward Bound students, participants engage in academic programs throughout the year including:
- A six-week summer academy on Appalachian State University’s campus
- Tutoring assistance from college students
- Aid with selection of high school courses for college preparation
- College visits and help with applications for admission and financial aid
- Resume and cover letter development for scholarship application purposes
Students also have opportunities to form bonds with other students from area schools through various cultural and personal development experiences. All of these opportunities are paid for by Upward Bound.